Monday, May 4, 2009

Sunny Maine Monday

I just found Betsy McCall Paper Doll website. I remember fighting with my sisters to get the paper doll in the Monthly magazine. Then when I had daughters, they loved the paper doll also.
When I was growing up, we didn't have money to buy toys so we had to use our imaginations. We created paper dolls from the neighbors Sears catalog. We had so much fun creating our paper families and cardboard houses, paper furniture. In the process we certainly developed a very creative mind. Maybe families should bring back those ways to develop the childs creative thinking process. I tried to with my girls when they were young. I showed them how to create with many different mediums.
http://www.thebleudoor.com/1995aprbetsy.htm

2 comments:

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

hi Mary thanks for your comments on my blog :)

Shandell said...

I had a heap of paper dolls when I was younger! I was so excited whan I recently found a book with paper dolls & clothes - I brought it for my niece of Easter. I will admit I was tempted to keep it and play with it myself :o)